Powered By Blogger

Thursday, December 5, 2013

ASSESSMENTS


1.  Cross battery (XBA) assessment:  I was familiar with the discrepancy model for determining the presence of a Learning Disability from my training and job    My exposure to the XBA has been limited.  I have read the XBA book, the second XBA book, and all the handouts garnered from meetings and/or meetings my colleagues have attended.   The emphasis on professional judgment sheds light on our being so much more than psychometrics.   So CHC Theory and Broad and Narrow classifications have been making for good reading and become the  building blocks for my understanding the XBA. 

So, what can you tell me about cross battery assessment or what questions do you have that we might tackle together? 

One thing I've notice is there are limited resources for testing the Ga.  I have found the WJ NU COG to be a good resource.  One of the things I'd like to do in a blog is compile a list of research-based resources of links between the G's and performance in achievement areas. 


2.  Other assessments:  Major achievement and intelligence batteries.  The Wechsler, Woodcock-Johnson, SB, DAS, UNIT, etc.  Any thoughts?








No comments:

Post a Comment